FARM & RANCH INSURANCE
Cattle ranch insurance and risk management
As a cattle rancher, you understand that unique liability risks are a part of working with animals. You may face these risks if:
- An animal causes an accident on a roadway (our most frequent livestock liability claim)
- An animal reacts unpredictably and someone is injured
- Ranch structures
- You face allegations of animal cruelty
Get the protection you need with Town & Country, a tailored cattle farm insurance policy that combines various coverages into one convenient package.
What a cattle ranch insurance policy covers
We start with a base policy to protect what most cattle ranches require.
- Farm home and contents
- Detached garages and other buildings
- Farm and ranch structures
- Personal property
- Machinery and equipment
- General liability protection
Then, we offer a variety of optional coverages to tailor your policy to the exact needs of your farm or ranch. That way, you only pay for the protection you need. Not for coverages you don’t.
Optional coverages for cattle ranches
Cattle insurance for your herd
Animals covered by cattle liability insurance may be protected against several additional categories of loss.
Liability protection for unwarranted animal cruelty allegations
Legal defense against animal cruelty charges may result in sizable attorney fees. provides coverage up to endorsement limits to reimburse attorney fees for lawsuits in which you’re found not guilty.
Pollution liability coverage
Farmers and ranchers are potentially exposed to liability for pollution from a variety of farm operations, including:
- Overspray or misapplication of chemicals
- Damage from tanks (on premise) that causes damage off premise
- Off-premises liability from transportation
You may also be liable for government-ordered clean up costs, both on and off your premises. Discuss your state's pollution coverage with your agent.